ZOOM IN.
ART ON THE WILD SIDE.
6.30.2010
Stair


Stair
Puah Hui Sze
Photography
2010

This is a photo of a portion of stairs in a boat cruise. I went for a cruise trip around the straits of Singapore. I really like this flight of stairs; hence, I took this photo when I was coming down from the second level of the boat cruise. There is a sense of movement in this photo due to the perspective in which I took this photo from. This is because the stair seems to be very steep, as though someone is sure to fall if he were to be on this stairs. I chose to take from this perspective as it is more exciting for viewers to take a look at what it looks like at the instance when one is falling from a height. This photo successfully captured that fleeting moment when one is about to fall, with clear defined forms. In this photo, I captured a portion of a man's legs at the top left hand corner. This was actually inspired by Edouard Manet's artwork, Bar at the Folies Bergere. Manet painted an acrobat's pair of legs at the top left hand corner to puzzle and mystify viewers, giving them something to ponder about. This was why I employed Manet's brilliant technique to intrigue viewers further, like there is actually a man waiting at the end of the staircase...
0 Comments:

Post a Comment