ZOOM IN.
ART ON THE WILD SIDE.
6.28.2010
Photoshoot: Sleek Silver with Lace


Sleek Silver with Lace (Fashion Illustration) [Below]
Grace Chong
A4, Pencil, Markers
May 2010

Sleek Silver with Lace (Dress) [Right]
Grace Chong
Dress, Satin, Boning, Lace
June 2010






This is a tube dress I designed known as "Sleek Silver with Lace". This dress will be used as a collaborative work together with Jubilee, Hui Sze and Tze She. The picture beside is a Fashion Illustration of what I will create. As for the photoshoot itself, the picture will be featured on the magazine, Zoom In which we will be producing although I have taken a picture of the dress itself, which I made (shown above).

"Sleek Silver with Lace" is a tube dress fitting to the body, made up of silver-coloured satin and some lace at the waist area of the dress. I made use of little contrast of colours this time so as to make the dress look more formal, as it is intended to be (worn during formal dinners and events). The different texture used will be the lace and the satin itself. I only chose one dominating feature of the dress - lace, is because I wanted to keep minimum eye movement and let the viewer's eye to be attached to only the lace and the silk material. This also contributes to my current message being conveyed through this dress,"Simple is Key".

On the dress, I have used boning in the lining, to create form on the dress, making it more fitting and flattering to the body. The dress is kept simple, conveying my idea, "Simple is Key".





0 Comments:

Post a Comment